Visitation COVID-19 Policy
It is the policy of Modesto Post Acute Center, as far as possible and practicable, to comply with applicable regulations, to provide care in the best and most home-like environment, to protect our residents from COVID-19, and to allow families to participate in resident’s lives.
- Outdoor/Indoor visitation is at the discretion of the Facility and will be monitored by a staff member to ensure the facility adheres to core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention at all times.
- Outdoor visitations are encouraged as it poses a lower risk of transmission due to increased space and airflow.
- Visitation will depend on the facility’s COVID positive status, the County COVID positivity rate, and the direction of CDPH.
- At Facility discretion, visitors may be required to demonstrate evidence of a (-) COVID-19 test before visitation.
- Visitors will be educated and screened and will be provided hand sanitizer, face shield/ goggles, and masks. Anyone with known exposure to COVID-19, COVID-19 symptoms, or body temperature above 99.1 (F) will not be permitted to visit.
- Visitors must remain properly masked (mask covering mouth and nose) while in the building and 6 feet away or farther from residents they are not visiting at all times.
- Visitors are limited to 2 people per visit, 30 minutes per visit to allow all families to visit their loved ones. Children under age 12 may not be permitted to visit at this time.
- All visits must be pre-scheduled with staff designated by the facility.
- Recommended visiting hours are from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm 7 days a week.
- Each hallway will be designated for a specific day of the week to limit possible transmission of infection from one hallway to another.
- Visitations will be held for residents in the yellow zone to allow residents to have the right to see their loved ones too but visitors would be asked to have full PPE such as N95, face shield/goggles, gowns which would be provided at the entry of the facility by staff.
- A barrier will be used for indoor visits such as Pexi glass to separate residents and visitors for infection prevention.
- Visitors will be allowed to go to and from the designated visiting area and no other locations in the facility.
- Staff will bring residents to the visiting area and position them 6 feet or greater distance from visitors.
- If both visitor and resident have proof of vaccination, then visitor and resident will be permitted to hold hands and give a brief hug during the visit.
- After the visit, visitors will leave using the most direct exit route, to limit visitor movement in the facility.
- After the visit, staff will provide hand hygiene to the resident and visitors would be asked to perform hand hygiene, remove masks and goggles/face shields to designated areas after the visit.
- Any violation of facility visitation policy will result in immediate termination of the visit and may impact the approval of future visits.